Every detail, every time
Dane Street offers timely, professional, and accurate Independent Medical Examination (IME) Services to assist with our Workers’ Compensation, Auto, and Disability clients’ most challenging claims. We have implemented a detailed, step-by-step process for handling IMEs across our national panel of 8,000+ credentialed physicians. This process ensures the client has an accurate timetable of our process, and that they are promptly notified from the time the referral was received, to when the final report is in their hands.
Our IME Services include the following components:
- Appointment scheduling and reminders
- Medical record uploading (or onsite copying)
- Film retrieval (where applicable)
- Transportation and translation services
- Quality assurance on 100% of files
- Block time scheduling options
- Customized outcome reporting
IME Process and Best Practices
- The ability to accept referrals via our Portal, Phone, Fax, Email or OnSite pickup.
- Within 24 hours of receipt, the referral is entered into our system and ready for doctor selection.
- Within 48 hours of receipt, the referral is scheduled.
- Appointments are scheduled within 14 days from receipt of referral unless requested otherwise.
- Our proven experience ensures the appropriate physician is retained for each case. Selection is based on specialty need, case parameters and time constraints. If the IME physician is unable to schedule an appointment within the requested window of time, Dane Street will immediately notify the client to discuss alternative physicians. Our physician recruitment team will expand the network should the client request a physician who is not in our Medical Panel.
- Within 24 hours of scheduling appointment letters will be created. These letters are sent to the client, claimant, plaintiff attorney (if applicable) and all other parties as requested by the client.
- 5 days prior to exam a written reminder will be sent to the claimant and plaintiff attorney (if applicable). One day before the exam a reminder call will be made to the claimant to confirm attendance. Dane Street utilizes cutting-edge technology to ensure proper notification.
- Within 24 hours following the scheduled exam, the client will be notified to determine if the claimant showed to the exam. In the event of a no-show, we will notify the client to see if they would like to reschedule.
- The selected physician will complete the report within 24-48 hours. All reports are reviewed by our experienced Quality Assurance team to ensure all questions are addressed. Final reports are returned to the client in under 10 business days.